A spiderweb spun across a sundae suggests a decidedly devious gourmand.
This recipe was originally featured in the Halloween Handbook special collector's edition.
The Martha Stewart Show, October 2010
- 16 (5-inch) pieces black lace licorice
- 64 (3-inch) pieces black lace licorice
- 1 cup (8 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips or pieces, melted
- Cut eight 6-inch squares parchment or wax paper. In the middle of each parchment square, cross two 5-inch pieces of licorice to make an X. Place two 3-inch pieces of licorice in each of the four sections so they meet in the center.
- Fit a pastry bag with a small plain tip (such as #3) and fill with melted chocolate. Pipe a small amount of chocolate into the center of each web. Pipe concentric circles around it, each about 1/2 inch apart. Let chocolate harden, 45 to 60 minutes, or transfer to refrigerator to chill just until set, 10 to 15 minutes, before peeling off paper. Store in an airtight container in a cool place up to 2 days.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.