Peach-Raspberry Slab Pie
Photography: VICTORIA PEARSON
Martha Stewart Living, July
- 2 1/4 pounds (about 9) peaches, peeled, pitted, and cut into thin wedges
- 1 cup (about 6 ounces) raspberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 recipes <u>Slab Pie Pate Brisee</u>
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- Vegetable-oil cooking spray
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- Fine sanding sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. with rack in lower third. Toss peaches, raspberries, granulated sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, and salt in a large bowl; set aside.
- Transfer half the dough to a lightly floured work surface. Roll out dough into a 12-by-16-inch rectangle that is 1/8 inch thick. Coat a 15 1/4-by-10 1/2-inch rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Line sheet with parchment paper, leaving a 1-inch overhang on long sides. Transfer dough to prepared baking sheet. Trim edges of dough to hang over sides of baking sheet by 1/2 inch.
- Roll out the remaining dough into another 12-by-16-inch rectangle that is 1/8 inch thick. Pour fruit mixture into the dough-lined baking sheet. Cover with remaining layer of dough. Trim edges of dough to hang over sides by 1/2 inch. Fold edges of top layer over edges of bottom layer, and pinch to seal.
- Cut about 60 holes out of the top crust using a 1/2-inch round pastry tip (such as Ateco #807), spacing evenly. Whisk together egg yolk and heavy cream in a small bowl. Brush crust with egg wash. Sprinkle with sanding sugar.
- Bake until crust turns golden and filling is bubbling, about 1 hour and 10 minutes. (If crust is browning too quickly, tent pie with foil, and continue baking.)
Let cool completely on a wire rack, about 3 hours. Pull up on parchment to remove.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.