- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, cut into small pieces and softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of superfine sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon cold milk
- Mound flour on your work surface and make a well in the center. Place butter, salt, sugar, and egg in center of well and mix together using your fingers. Slowly incorporate flour into butter mixture, using your fingers, until a slightly sandy dough forms.
- Using your fingers, slowly incorporate milk until dough begins to come together.
- Using the palm of your hand, knead dough until smooth, 4 to 5 times. Roll dough into a ball, wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.
Dough may be kept refrigerated up to one week or frozen up to 3 months.