Chocolate, Walnut, and Cranberry Coins
Try one of our shaped icebox-cookie variations:Almond-Cherry CoinsApricot-Pistachio TrianglesAlmond and Candied Orange Zest BarsWhite Chocolate, Hazelnut, and Cherry TrianglesPapaya, Macadamia, and Coconut TrianglesCranberry-Orange CoinsCandied-Fruit SquaresAlmond and Ginger Bars
Martha Stewart Living, December 2010
- Yield Makes about 10 dozen
- <u>Basic Vanilla Cookie Dough</u>
- 1/2 cup chopped semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups ground toasted walnuts (for rolling)
- Once the flour is incorporated according to dough recipe, beat in chocolate, walnuts, and cranberries. Divide dough into 2 pieces. Shape each into a 10-inch log. Coat each in ground nuts, if using. Wrap in parchment. Refrigerate until very firm, about 2 hours.
- Slice dough crosswise slightly thicker than 1/8 inch. Reshape if needed. Bake at 350 degrees on parchment-lined baking sheets until firm, 12 to 14 minutes.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.