Grilled Scallops in the Half Shell with Citrus Fruits and White Wine
This great appetizer recipe is courtesy of Curtis Stone and can be found in his new cookbook, "Cooking with Curtis."
The Martha Stewart Show, September Summer 2007
- 6 assorted citrus fruits, such as oranges, limes, lemons, or grapefruit
- 1/4 cup citrus juice (orange, lemon, or grapefruit)
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 12 cleaned scallops with roe in the half shell
- Slice the top and bottom of each fruit with a paring knife. Set one of the flat sides on your work surface. From top to bottom, following the curve of the fruit, cut away peel and white pith. Trim off any remaining pith. Holding fruit over a bowl, cut along both sides of each segment, staying close to the membrane, to release. Cut each segment into 5 pieces; set aside.
- Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Whisk together citrus juice, wine, and olive oil in a small bowl; and parsley and stir to combine. Spoon citrus mixture over scallops and place on grill; cook 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove scallops from grill, spoon fruit mixture over each scallop and serve.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.