Apricot-Pistachio Layered Icebox Cookies
Try one of our layered icebox-cookie variations:
Martha Stewart Living, December 2010
- Yield Makes about 12 dozen
- <u>Citrus Cookie Dough</u>
- 2/3 cup apricot jam
- 1 cup ground pistachios
- Shape dough into 2 disks. Wrap in plastic wrap, and
refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Roll out each disk to a 1/8-inch thickness on a floured piece of parchment. Cut into 2-by-9-inch strips. Spread 2 teaspoons jam onto 1 strip; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons ground nut filling. Repeat, layering 3 to 5 more strips, ending with a plain strip.
- Wrap in parchment. Refrigerate until firm, at least
2 hours. Slice dough crosswise slightly thicker than
1/8 inch. Bake at 350 degrees on parchment-lined baking sheets until firm, 12 to 14 minutes.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.