- 1 1/2 cups whole sesame seeds
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Toast sesame seeds on a 12-by-17-inch rimmed baking sheet until pale golden brown, about 13 minutes.
- Coat another 12-by-17-inch rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Bring sugar, corn syrup, water, and butter to a boil in a small saucepan, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium-high. Cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reaches 300 degrees. Remove from heat, and stir in sesame seeds, ginger, baking soda, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Pour onto coated baking sheet, and spread into an even 1/2-inch-thick layer. Let cool
completely. Cut into pieces.
Brittle can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.