Pecan Sea-Salt Drops
These drops are essentially pecan pralines without the heavy cream and butter. The nuts are suspended in caramel, then sprinkled with flaky sea salt.
Martha Stewart Living, December 2010
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes
- Yield Makes 16
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Large-flake sea salt, preferably Maldon
- Coat 16 cups of two 12-cup mini muffin tins with cooking spray. Bring sugar and corn syrup to a boil in a medium saucepan, stirring and brushing down sides with a wet pastry brush to prevent sugar crystals from forming, until sugar dissolves. Cook, swirling occasionally, until mixture just starts to turn golden around edge.
- Stir in pecans. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture is pale amber, about 8 minutes. Working quickly, spoon caramel into muffin cups (about 1 tablespoon each), and immediately sprinkle with salt. Let cool completely. Remove from tins. (You may need to bang the tins to release.)
The Pecan Sea-Salt Drops can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.