- 1 bunch fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 large bunch fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 pepperoncini peppers, finely chopped, plus 1/2 cup brine
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- In a medium bowl, combine parsley, cilantro, shallot, garlic, pepperoncini peppers and brine, red pepper, onion, and oil. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in red wine vinegar. Cover, and set aside at room temperature for 2 hours.
The sauce can be stored in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 5 days.