Open-Faced Porchetta Sandwich with Caramelized Apples
This apple-and-shredded-pork mixture is so colossal and tasty, it doesn't need a second slice of bread. Eat it with a fork and knife to get the flavor of each component in every bite.
Martha Stewart Living, October 2010
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 apples, cored and cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 slices toasted rustic bread
- <u>Braised Pork Shoulder</u>, shredded
- Onions (reserved from Braised Pork Shoulder jus)
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-low heat.
- Cook apples, sugar, and water, stirring occasionally, until apples are soft and sauce has caramelized, about 20 minutes.
- Top bread with heated pork, onions, and the apples. Sprinkle with watercress, and drizzle with caramelized sauce from apples and the heated reserved jus.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.