Mac 'n' Cheese
Hot sauce and a generous pinch of cayenne pepper give this creamy mac 'n' cheese from Pies 'n' Thighs co-owners Carolyn Bane and Erika Geldzahler its signature spice.
The Martha Stewart Show, January 2011
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 7 1/2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Generous pinch cayenne pepper
- 7 cups cooked (al dente) elbow noodles
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons hot sauce, such as Frank's Red Hot
- Heat heavy cream in a large saucepan over medium-high heat until it just comes to a simmer. Turn off heat and whisk in cheese, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper until cheese is melted and mixture is well combined. Stir in noodles to coat; add milk to loosen mixture. Serve immediately topped with hot sauce.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.