This alternative to store-bought varieties is easy to make and irresistible spread on French bread or between cookies. It can also be used as a cake filling.
Martha Stewart Living, October 2010
- 7 ounces blanched hazelnuts (1 1/2 cups), toasted
- Coarse salt
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 1/2 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- Puree nuts and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a food processor until mixture is the texture of peanut butter. Add sugar and chocolate; pulse until combined.
- Bring to room temperature before using.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.