- 1 pound frozen shelled edamame (soy beans)
- 8 ounces silken tofu
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest, plus 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Chinese hot mustard
- 2 teaspoons wasabi paste
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add edamame; cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain. Rinse under cold running water to stop the cooking. Drain.
- Puree edamame, tofu, lemon zest and juice, mustard, wasabi, and salt in a food processor.
Spread can be refrigerated in an airtight container, up to 2 days.