- 1 pound (16 ounces) cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into pieces, room temperature
- 2 pounds confectioners' sugar, sifted
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and vanilla until light and creamy, about 2 minutes. With mixer on medium speed, gradually add butter, beating until incorporated.
- Reduce mixer speed to low. Gradually add sugar, beating until incorporated.
Use immediately, or cover and refrigerate up to 3 days. Bring to room temperature before using.