Tomato-Salsa Pasta Salad
Delicious, fresh tomatoes transforms this salad into a sensual feast. Although the red, yellow, and green tomatoes make for a beautiful presentation, this dish is equally delicious using just one color.
Martha Stewart Living, March 2009
- 10 ounces (1 pint container) red cherry tomatoes, halved
- 10 ounces (1 pint container) yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 10 ounces (1 pint container) green cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded and minced
- 2 limes, juiced, plus more to taste
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 pound orecchiette (or other short pasta)
- Combine tomatoes, jalapeno, lime juice, onion, and oil in a large bowl.
Sprinkle with 1 1/2 teaspoons salt. Let
stand at room temperature until tomatoes
release their juices, about 1 hour. Toss with half the cilantro.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta, and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain, and rinse with cold water.
- Toss pasta with tomato mixture. Stir in remaining cilantro, and adjust seasoning
with salt, pepper, and lime juice. Serve immediately.
The tomato salsa can be made several hours in advance, but do not toss it with the pasta until just before serving, as the pasta will absorb all the tomato juices.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.