Red Wine, Juniper, and Bay Leaf Marinade
Martha Stewart Living, July 2003
Yield Makes 1 cup; enough for 2 pounds of meat or fish
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 2 shallots, coarsely chopped
- 3 dried bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons dried juniper berries, crushed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns, crushed
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Whisk together everything but salt and pepper in a nonreactive bowl. Arrange meat in a shallow nonreactive dish or resealable plastic bag. Cover with marinade, rubbing gently into meat. Cover; refrigerate, turning occasionally.
- Before cooking, remove meat from refrigerator; let it come to a cool room temperature. Discard marinade. Season meat with salt and pepper, and cook as desired.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.