Boston Cream Pie Cupcakes
This is one of Martha's favorite treats from the February 2009 issue of Martha Stewart Living; it's a delicious bite-size version of the traditional dessert.
Martha Stewart Living, February 2009
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for tins
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 3 ounces (6 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened, plus more for tins
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- <u>Vanilla Cream</u>
- <u>Chocolate-Ganache Glaze</u>
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour standard muffin tins. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Warm milk and butter in a saucepan over low heat.
- Beat eggs and sugar with a mixer on high speed until thick and pale, about 5 minutes. Beat in dry ingredients.
- Bring milk and butter to a boil. With mixer on low speed, add milk mixture to batter, and beat until smooth. Add vanilla. Divide batter among muffin cups, filling each halfway. Bake cupcakes until light gold, about 15 minutes. Let cool in tins for 10 minutes, then transfer to wire racks. Let cool.
- Using a serrated knife, cut each in half horizontally. Spread 1 tablespoon vanilla cream on each cupcake bottom. Sandwich with top. Spoon glaze over each, and serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.