Sauteed Peas and Scallions
Scallions add a savory note to sweet peas in this dish. Cooking the peas only briefly -- in a little bit of butter -- lets them retain their flavor, color, and texture.
Photography: Richard Jung
Martha Stewart Living, April 2005
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 10 minutes
- Serves 4
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cups shelled fresh peas or thawed frozen peas
- 3 scallions, white and green parts only, thinly sliced diagonally
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add peas and scallions. Cook, stirring, until heated through, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.