- 2 Granny Smith apples (about 3/4 pound)
- 3 McIntosh apples (about 1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon margarine or unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Peel, core, and cut apples into 3/4-inch chunks. Melt margarine in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add apples, cinnamon, sugar, and two tablespoons water. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the apples are tender, about 10 minutes. Serve warm or chilled.
The applesauce will keep, refrigerated in an airtight container, up to 2 days.