Goat-Cheese-Stuffed Dates Recipe
Made with just four simple ingredients, these stuffed dates are a wonderfully easy-to-assemble dish.
Also try: Blue-Cheese-Stuffed Olives, Stravecchio Frico
Martha Stewart's Dinner at Home, November 2009
- 1/4 cup fresh goat cheese (about 2 ounces), softened
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 12 large Medjool dates
- Coarse sea salt, such as fleur de sel or Maldon, for sprinkling
- Beat goat cheese by hand until smooth, then stir in heavy cream until the mixture is smooth and spreadable.
- Make a slit lengthwise in each date, and remove the pit. Fill each date with a heaping teaspoon of goat cheese mixture. Sprinkle with salt just before serving.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.