Endive and Grainy Mustard Salad
Belgian endive should be pale yellow with white edges. If the leaves are turning green or have brown spots, they aren't fresh.
Martha Stewart Living, January 1993
- 6 heads Belgian endive
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon grainy mustard
- 1 teaspoon red-wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Remove the large outer leaves from endives and set aside. Slice remaining endive crosswise and set aside. Chop eggs and mix with parsley. Set aside.
- Combine mustard and vinegar. Slowly whisk in olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Mix dressing with sliced endive.
- Arrange whole endive leaves on four plates and place a mound of dressed endive in center of each. Garnish with egg-parsley mixture and serve.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.