Pears and Camembert
The cheese should be cold, so it can be sliced; the glaze will warm it when poured on top.
Martha Stewart Living, December/January 1999/2000
- One 8-ounce wheel Camembert or Brie cheese, cold
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 large Bosc pear, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 8 walnut halves
- Slice cheese wheel in half crosswise; set aside. In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add diced pear, and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in brandy, and cook 1 minute more. Add rosemary, and stir to combine. Remove from heat, and spread pear mixture over bottom half of reserved sliced cheese wheel, reserving 2 tablespoons mixture for garnish. Transfer cheese to serving plate.
- Return skillet to stove, and heat balsamic vinegar and honey until simmering. Simmer mixture until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Set aside to cool, about 5 minutes. Pour half the glaze over cheese and reserved pear mixture; top with remaining half of cheese wheel and pears. Drizzle with remaining glaze, and garnish with walnut halves and rosemary. Serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.