Baked Cinnamon Apples
Using both ground cinnamon and cinnamon sticks intensifies the flavor. Serve with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Photography: Dana Gallagher
Martha Stewart Living, March 2005
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Serves 4
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 whole cinnamon sticks
- 4 small Granny Smith apples, halved lengthwise, seeds and stems left intact
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Stir in sugar, ground cinnamon, and cinnamon sticks. Place apples in skillet, cut sides down.
- Transfer skillet to oven. Bake apples until tender, about 12 minutes. Place 2 apple halves in each serving dish, cut sides up, and drizzle with butter mixture from skillet. Garnish with cinnamon sticks from skillet. Serve warm.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.