- 1 pound Tuscan kale (1 to 2 bunches), thick stems removed and leaves sliced crosswise into 2-inch ribbons
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- Flaked sea salt or coarse salt, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Toss kale with oil, and spread in a single layer on each of 2 rimmed baking sheets. Bake, tossing kale and rotating sheets halfway through, until crisp, about 15 minutes. Let cool on sheets. Sprinkle with lemon zest and salt, and toss to coat.
To prepare these crinkly kale crisps as featured on "Martha Stewart's Haunted House," use 2 pounds of Tuscan (or lacinato) kale, omit the lemon zest, and serve with Balsamic Glaze
Instead of making your own balsamic glaze, you can use a store-bought version, such as Colavita, available at specialty food shops and some supermarkets.