Sauteed Spinach with Garlic
Martha Stewart Living, December/January 1997/1998
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 2 pounds fresh spinach, washed and leaves damp
- Olive-oil cooking spray
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- In a large saute pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic, and cook until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer garlic to paper towels; reserve. Discard oil.
- Spray pan with cooking spray, and heat over medium heat. Coarsely chop the spinach and stalks. Working in batches, add the damp spinach to the pan. Cover, and cook until spinach just begins to wilt, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer the cooked spinach to a metal bowl, and cook the remaining spinach. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the reserved garlic over spinach, and serve warm with a wedge of fresh lemon.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.