This recipe for blueberry preserves is from "Mes Confitures: The Jams and Jellies of Christine Ferber." Try it on Popovers.
Martha Bakes, Episode 1010
- 2 1/4 pounds blueberries
- 3 3/4 cups sugar
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- Rinse the blueberries in cold water without soaking them.
- Place blueberries in preserving pan with the sugar and lemon juice. Bring to a simmer.
- Pour simmering mixture into a ceramic (or glass) bowl. Cover with parchment round and transfer to refrigerator. Refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, transfer mixture to a large pot and bring to a boil over high heat, stirring gently.
- Continue to cook over high heat for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring and skimming as necessary.
- Check set (mixture should reach 221 degrees).
- Pour the jam into sterilized jars, filling to the fill line. Repeat process with remaining jars. Put lids and rings on jars and tighten; do not overtighten. At this point, jam may be kept refrigerated up to 1 month.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.