Mixologist Allen Katz suggests aged rum as a lively, affordable starting point. It picks up caramel hues as well as vanilla and stone-fruit notes while aging in oak barrels.
Martha Stewart Living, June 2009
- 4 ounces aged rum, such as Cruzan Single Barrel Estate
- 1 1/2 ounces fresh orange juice
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1/2 ounce <u>Shaken Simple Syrup</u>
- Ice cubes, for serving
- 2 thin strips (3 inches) orange zest, for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker, combine rum, juices, and simple syrup; shake well. Strain into 2 ice-filled old-fashioned glasses. Garnish each with a twisted zest strip.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.