Fudgy Rocky Road Bars
This sweet is a cinch to make. Keep a supply on hand for lunchboxes, weekends, and casual entertaining.
Everyday Food, April 2011
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 25 minutes plus cooling
- Yield Makes 18
- 8 graham crackers
- 1 1/2 cups natural almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup marshmallow creme
- 1 bag (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line bottom of a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with graham crackers, breaking them to fit if necessary. Bake until crackers are lightly toasted and fragrant, about 8 minutes. Sprinkle with almonds and dollop with marshmallow creme.
- In a heatproof bowl set over (not in) a pan of simmering water, combine chocolate chips and condensed milk. Cook, stirring occasionally, until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Pour chocolate mixture over marshmallow creme; working quickly, swirl together with a thin-bladed knife. Refrigerate until set, about 1 hour. Cut into 18 squares.
Refrigerate, tightly wrapped in plastic, up to 2 days.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.