A few bar basics and some kitchen staples are all it takes to put together this crowd-pleasing party spread. Serve this appetizer with the classic Gin Sling cocktail.
Everyday Food, April 2011
- 1/3 cup chopped mixed fresh herbs, such as parsley, chives, and mint
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a small bowl, combine herbs, garlic, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. On a lightly floured work surface, unfold puff pastry. Spread pastry with herb mixture and roll up. With a sharp knife, cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds. Arrange rounds on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake until puffed and golden on edges, 15 minutes. Let cool on sheet on a wire rack, 10 minutes.
Fill these wheels with any leafy herb, such as basil or cilantro, or try olive tapenade.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.