Silver Dollar Pancakes
Think beyond breakfast: These mini pancakes are good for more than maple syrup. They are a perfect make-ahead base for savory appetizers and sweet desserts.
Everyday Food, April 2011
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, butter, and egg. Add flour mixture to milk mixture and whisk until just moistened (batter should have some lumps).
- Heat a large nonstick or cast-iron skillet over medium. With a paper towel coated in butter, lightly grease skillet. Working in batches, drop batter by tablespoonfuls into skillet. Cook until bubbles appear on top and a few have burst, 2 minutes. Flip and cook until browned on underside, 1 minute. Repeat with more butter and remaining batter, wiping skillet clean between batches. Serve with desired toppings.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.