Breakfast Egg Salad
Most egg salads have lots of yolks; this dish uses just one in the dressing, so you get the flavor without the fat.
Everyday Food, April 2011
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 avocado, diced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 ounces sliced smoked salmon (about 2 slices)
- 1/3 cup watercress, thick ends trimmed
- 2 slices whole-grain bread, toasted
- In a small pot, cover eggs with water by 1 inch and bring to a boil over high. Cover, remove from heat, and let sit 12 minutes. Transfer eggs to a colander and run cold water over them until cool enough to handle. Peel eggs and separate whites from yolks. Reserve 1 yolk. Coarsely chop egg whites.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mustard and lemon juice. Finely grate egg yolk into mustard mixture and whisk to combine. Stir in egg whites and avocado and season with salt and pepper. To serve, divide smoked salmon, egg salad, and watercress between toasts.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.