Serrano peppers range in color from dark green to red and are between 1 and 4 inches in length. If you can't find them, use jalapeno peppers, which range in color from medium green to purple and are about 2 1/2 inches long.
Martha Stewart Living, March 1998
- 2 serrano or jalapeno peppers, seeded and deveined
- 6 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 9 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Mince the serrano peppers. Combine half of the minced pepper, vinegar, honey, salt, and black pepper in a blender. Process until serrano pepper has been fully blended. With machine running, add olive oil until combined and mixture is thick. Use the remaining minced serrano pepper as a garnish.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.