Sauteed Collards with Bacon
This side dish goes well with cod, shrimp, scallops, chicken, or pasta.
Everyday Food, April 2011
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 large bunch collard greens, tough stems removed, leaves torn into large pieces
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium-high until browned and crisp, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add collard greens and cook until bright green and wilted, 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.