Roasted Pineapple with Rum-Vanilla Glaze
Martha Stewart Living, January 2007
- 1 pineapple (about 4 1/2 pounds), peeled, cut lengthwise into eighths, and cored
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 1/2 tablespoons packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 vanilla bean, seeds scraped to loosen
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1 pint best-quality vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 375. Place pineapple wedges on a rimmed baking sheet. Stir together rum, brown sugar, and vanilla bean and seeds in a small bowl. Brush rum mixture onto pineapple. Dot pineapple tops with butter.
- Roast until liquid has evaporated and pineapple has caramelized, about 30 minutes. Let pineapple cool slightly in dish on a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature topped with ice cream.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.