Green Eggs and Ham Omelet
This easy egg dish makes an inexpensive yet satisfying dinner for one.
Everyday Food, April 2011
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 10 minutes
- Serves 1
- 2 cups tightly packed curly- or flat-leaf spinach, trimmed and washed (3 ounces)
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons sharp cheddar, shredded
- 2 thin slices deli ham
- In a small nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon water over medium-high. Add spinach and cook, tossing, until completely wilted, about 1 minute. Transfer to a colander to drain, pressing out as much water as possible. Finely chop spinach; transfer to a medium bowl along with eggs. Whisk to combine and season with salt and pepper.
- Return skillet to heat and melt butter, tilting to coat pan; add egg mixture. Cook, stirring with a heatproof rubber spatula, until eggs begin to thicken, 30 seconds. With spatula, pull edges of omelet in toward center, tilting pan so uncooked eggs flow underneath. Cook until just set, 15 to 30 seconds.
- Arrange cheese and ham on top of omelet. With spatula, fold omelet in half. Transfer to a plate and serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.