- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 8 ounces (2 sticks) cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup plus 2 teaspoons ice water
- Pulse flour, salt, and sugar in a food processor until combined. Add butter, and process until mixture resembles coarse meal, about 10 seconds. With the machine running, add ice water in a slow, steady stream until mixture just begins to hold together.
- Shape dough into 2 disks. Wrap each in plastic, and refrigerate 1 hour to 2 days.
Freeze for up to 1 month; thaw in refrigerator before using.