Liquid Butternut Squash Ravioli with White Truffle
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled and cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1/4 pound freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 8 sheets gelatin
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 package wonton wrappers
- 1 white truffle, shaved, for garnish
- Fresh chives, snipped, for garnish
- Feed squash through an electric juicer. Pour juice through a fine sieve into a small bowl; discard solids. You will need 2 cups juice.
- Fill a medium bowl with 4 cups cold water; submerge gelatin sheets and let stand until softened, about 5 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, combine juice, Parmesan, and butter. Squeeze excess water from softened gelatin sheets; add to saucepan, whisking to incorporate. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture into a 12 1/4-by-9-inch rimmed baking sheet; transfer to a refrigerator. Refrigerate until set, about 2 hours.
- Just before serving, bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat; add wonton wrappers for 10 seconds. Using a slotted spoon, remove wrappers, and lay each flat on work surface.
- Remove baking sheet from refrigerator; cut gelatin into 1/2-inch cubes. Place a cube on top of a wrapper, folding like an envelope to enclose; repeat with remaining wrappers. Transfer ravioli to a large microwave-safe dish; place dish in microwave on high until gelatin melts, about 5 seconds.
- For each serving, place a ravioli in each of four large soup spoons; top with truffles, and garnish with chives. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.