Emeril's Late-Night Parfaits
The great thing about these parfaits is that they can be assembled and ready in no time. Don't worry if you don't have the exact ingredients called for; any type of cookie and ice cream you have on hand can work wonderfully together.Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse, "Emeril 20-40-60 Fresh Food Fast," HarperStudio Publishers, New York, 2009, courtesy Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc.
- Prep Time 7 minutes (including 5 minutes inactive)
- Total Time 7 minutes
- Yield 4 servings
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup crumbled biscotti cookies or other cookie crumbs of choice
- 1/4 cup Frangelico or other nut-flavored liqueur
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped hazelnuts or walnuts, lightly toasted
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer and let it soften slightly, about 5 minutes at room temperature.
- Into the bottom of four parfait or ice cream dishes, scoop about 2 tablespoons of the vanilla ice cream.
Top with about 1/2 tablespoon of the cookie crumbs, and drizzle with 1 1/2 teaspoons of the liqueur. Continue layering the ingredients, ending with liqueur on top.
- Serve immediately, garnished with the chopped nuts.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.