If you are concerned about using raw eggs, use storebought mayonnaise and start at step three.
Martha Stewart Living, August/September 1992
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 pinch of sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup light olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice, plus more to taste
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots
- Place egg, egg yolks, salt, sugar, and pepper in the bowl of a food processor. Process until well blended.
- With the machine running, slowly drizzle in olive oil. Add 1 tablespoon lemon juice, then drizzle in vegetable oil. Taste for seasonings, adding more lemon juice, salt, or pepper if needed.
- Stir in capers, mustard, parsley, tarragon, chives, and shallots, and serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.