Think outside the matzo box and try this tasty option, delicious for breakfast or any other time of day.
Photography: Kate Mathis
Martha Stewart Living, April 2011
- 3 crushed whole-wheat matzos
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup safflower oil
- 2 tablespoons light-brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 cup chopped dried fruit
- Stir together matzos, walnuts, oil, sugar, honey, and salt. Spread evenly on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake at 300 degrees, stirring every
10 minutes, until toasted, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool. Break into smaller pieces. Stir in dried fruit.
Granola can be stored in an airtight container for 2 weeks.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.