Marshmallow Treat Cake
Yield Serves about 4 dozen
- 3 recipes <u>Confetti Squares</u>
- 2 recipes Rice Krispies Treats (see package instructions)
- 4 recipes Cocoa Krispies Treats (see package instructions)
- 1 16-inch cardboard-cake square
- One at a time, prepare each recipe of Confetti Squares. Set aside.
- Prepare one double recipe Rice Krispies Treats, spreading it into a 9-by-9-by-2-inch pan with a removable bottom that has been coated with vegetable cooking spray. When cool, slice into nine 3-inch squares; set aside. You will have nine squares.
- One at a time, prepare two double recipes Cocoa Krispies Treats, spreading each into a 9-by-9-by-2-inch pan with a removable bottom that has been coated with vegetable cooking spray. When cool, slice into nine 3-inch squares; set aside. You will have eighteen squares.
- To build the pyramid, place the cardboard-cake square on a clean work surface. Place sixteen Confetti Squares 1/2 inch apart on the board to form a square.
- Place four Confetti Squares spaced about 1/4 inch apart in center of first square to form a second smaller square. Place twelve Cocoa Krispies Treats 1/4 inch apart around the four Confetti Squares to form a larger square. This layer should be about 3/4 inch smaller than the first layer.
- Center one Cocoa Krispies Treat on previous layer. Place eight Rice Krispies Treats around the Cocoa Krispies Treat to form a square about 1 inch smaller than the layer of Cocoa Krispies Treats.
- Center one Confetti Square on the Rice Krispies Treats. Place one Confetti Square at the point of each corner of the center Confetti Square to create a layer about 3/4 inch smaller than the previous layer.
- Center four Cocoa Krispies Treats on Confetti Squares to form a square about 1 inch smaller than the previous layer. Finish the pyramid by placing one Rice Krispies Treat on center of previous layer.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.