Chocolate Dipping Sauce for Churros
This recipe goes with Churros and is courtesy of Ken Oringer.
- 1 dried chile
- 1 cup plus 5 teaspoons heavy cream
- 1 cup plus 5 teaspoons glucose
- 4 1/2 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon hot paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon Chinese red pepper
- In a small saucepan, bring 2 cups water to a boil. Turn off heat, and add dried chile; let stand until softened, about 10 minutes. Drain liquid; cut chili into small pieces.
- Combine cream and glucose in a small saucepan set over medium heat; bring to a simmer. Add chocolate, chili, paprika, and red pepper, stirring until chocolate melts to combine. Serve on the side.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.