The Martha Stewart Show, April 2006
- 1 clove garlic
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mirin (rice wine)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon black or white sesame seeds
- On a cutting board, crush garlic clove, and sprinkle with salt. Using the back of your knife, smear garlic and salt into a rough paste, and transfer to a medium bowl. Whisk in vinegar, mirin, soy sauce, honey, and lemon juice. While whisking constantly, slowly drizzle in canola and sesame oils. Stir in sesame seeds. Season with salt and pepper.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.