Pavlova with Vanilla-Poached Oranges
Martha Stewart Living, December 2006
- 6 large egg whites, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/4 cups superfine sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- <u>Creme Fraiche Filling</u>
- <u>Vanilla-Poached Oranges</u>
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. Put egg whites, cornstarch, vinegar, and salt into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat until foamy. Gradually add sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Beat in vanilla.
- Spread meringue into a 10-inch round (2 inches high) on prepared sheet. Bake 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 200 degrees; bake until firm, 40 to 50 minutes. Turn off oven; let pavlova dry in oven overnight.
- To serve, spread filling over pavlova, and top with drained oranges.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.