- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 large navel oranges
- 1/2 firm, ripe avocado, pitted and diced
- <u>Sauteed Chicken Breasts</u>, fish, or roasted pork (for serving)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- In a medium bowl, whisk lime juice and honey until combined. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Slice off both ends of each orange. Following the curve of the fruit, slice away peel and white pith. Cut oranges into quarters lengthwise; slice sections crosswise into 1/4-inch thick pieces. Transfer to bowl along with onion and avocado; toss gently to coat with dressing. Spoon over chicken breasts (or fish or roasted pork). Serve immediately.
Ripe avocados will yield slightly when pressed. To speed ripening, place avocados in a paper bag with an apple or a banana, and store at room temperature for a few days. To keep ripe avocados from getting too soft, refrigerate up to two days.