Sweet-Potato and Ginger Salad
Everyday Food, June 2005
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 45 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 2 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced crosswise
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. On a nonstick rimmed baking sheet, toss sweet potatoes with olive oil, coarse salt, and ground pepper; roast until fork-tender, about 35 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together fresh orange juice, oil, minced fresh ginger, and Dijon mustard.
- Add scallions and potatoes; toss to coat with dressing. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Serve warm, cold, or at room temperature.
To make ahead, prepare the recipe through step 2, and then cool completely before storing in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one day. Just before serving, proceed with step 3.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.