Photo: Katie Quinn Davies
Parsley, Mint, and Quinoa Salad
Serve this refreshing salad with tangy Greek yogurt, and scoop it
all up with homemade pita chips.
Martha Stewart Living, April 2011
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 15 minutes
- Yield Serves 6
- 2 cups flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 cups mint leaves
- 3/4 cup cooked quinoa (from about 1/2 cup dry)
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest, plus fresh lemon juice
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt
- 3 whole-wheat pitas
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-fat (2 percent) plain Greek yogurt
- Crushed red-pepper flakes and fleur de sel, for sprinkling
- Toss together parsley, mint, quinoa, and zest in a bowl. Dress with oil, lemon juice, and coarse salt. Toss to coat.
- Preheat broiler. Heat pitas until toasted, then rub with cut sides of garlic and brush with oil. Cut into wedges.
- Mound yogurt on a platter. Drizzle generously with oil, and sprinkle with red-pepbbper flakes and fleur de sel. Serve salad with yogurt and pita chips.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.