Arugula Salad with Strawberries
Look for locally grown berries that are brightly colored and plump. They should have the green caps attached and be uniform in size. Avoid soft, shriveled, or moldy fruits. If the strawberries smell sweet, they will most likely taste sweet, too.
Everyday Food, May/June 2003
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 15 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1/2 pint strawberries, rinsed, hulled, and quartered
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bunches arugula, washed, dried, and trimmed
- 1/2 cup toasted pecan halves
- In a large bowl, toss strawberries with 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar; let sit 5 to 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining tablespoon balsamic vinegar with the olive oil and salt and pepper.
- To the strawberries, add vinaigrette, arugula, and toasted pecan halves. Toss to combine, and serve.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.