This recipe for milk crumbs is courtesy of pastry chef Christina Tosi of Momofuku Milk Bar and is used to make Blueberries-and-Cream Cookies.
The Martha Stewart Show, January Winter 2009
- Yield Makes enough for 14 cookies
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon nonfat milk powder
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup white chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons plus 1 1/2 teaspoons milk powder, flour, cornstarch, sugar, and salt. Stir in melted butter until well combined. Spread mixture on prepared baking sheet and transfer to oven. Bake until dried and crumbly, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove milk crumble from oven and let cool completely.
- Transfer milk crumble to a large bowl and fold in remaining 2 tablespoons plus 1 1/2 teaspoons milk powder and white chocolate. Use immediately or transfer to an airtight container and keep refrigerated until ready to use.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.