- 2 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (8 ounces)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small jalapeno chile, minced (ribs and seeds removed for less heat, if desired)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 cup tortilla chips
- In a small saucepan, bring 2 1/2 cups water to a boil. Add chicken, garlic, jalapeno, coriander, and half the scallions; season with salt and pepper. Reduce to a simmer; cover, and cook until chicken is tender and opaque throughout, about 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken; when cool enough to handle, shred or thinly slice. Return to pan; stir in tomatoes and corn. Cook until heated through, about 3 minutes more.
- Add lime juice and half the tortilla chips; stir to combine. Garnish with remaining chips and scallions; serve immediately.
A small spoon is ideal for removing the seeds and ribs (which provide the heat) from jalapenos and other chiles.